All the yarn that's fit to knit!


Come on in, the yarn's fine!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Road Trip!!

Wowee, it's been a year since I first started blogging on here.  Do you know how I know that?  Because this time last year, I  blogged about our family trip to Cincinnati.  And here we are again.  Ah tradition! 

Tradition!  Tradition!!  Traditioooooooon!!!  Oops.  "Fiddler on the Roof".  Sorry, Topol

I also have to tell you that I came to a drastic decision regarding my Tomten.  I just wasn't feeling it.  Wasn't feeling the love.  People told me it was...ok.  Not great.  I wasn't feeling like it was the nice little unisex Tomten I had hoped for.  A little too masculine, which is ok, but not what I was wanting.  Especially when I want my cute-as-a-button daughter wearing it.  So...

I took it over to Yarns Etc.  DJ, Mary and I looked at it.  You know it's not a good sign when people are trying to find something nice to say about your handknit.

"It's....fine.  You know, it's...um...nice."

"Maybe just a different....color?"

I didn't have enough gray yarn to do the sleeves and the hood, and the magic just wasn't there between us anymore.  So....


YOU'RE FIRED!  (My best Donald Trump impersonation)

This close to the end of the Olympics Ravellenic Games, I didn't have time to mess around.  I went to the yarn that I had been hankering for in the first place, wound it up, and....



Reunited and it feels so good.....

This is Cascade Eco + yarn.  I've mislaid the yarn lables (one of the joys of a road trip) but the blue is a lovely heathered one, and the purple is smashing with it.  I cast on for this Tomten last week (was it on Wednesday maybe?) and already am knitting up the hood.  The triangular openings are for the armholes/sleeves, and I feel confident that I'll be doing the sleeves soon, followed by a fetching I-corded border, toggle buttons, and all that jazz. 

Also, I'm excited to say that there is a (drumroll!) YARN SALE!!!! at Yarns Etc this week.  Starting Thursday and continuing through the weekend.  Big lovely yarny sale-y goodness, and you know you want to be a part of it.  I'm going to definitely be a part of it.  See you there, right? 

No comments:

Sign up for our email Newsletter!